It’s Bedtime or Surveytime
It’s Bedtime or Surveytime
I pick surveys! (I almost said Scurvy, but I don’t pick that at all)
These were stolen from Travis’s blog. His answers were funnier.
1) What stickers do you have on your car?
2) What posters do you have in your room?
I no longer decorate with posters. I currently don’t decorate at all.
3) What do you hear right now?
BNL “you can always get it right next time, next time. you can always get it right next time…”
4) If you could drink anything right this second, what would it be?
A Tropical Blast smoothie from Smoothie King.
5) Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My shoulder/upper back felt funky earlier, now it’s doing better.
7) What’s your job position called?:
8) What size ring do you wear?:
9) Do you own a camera phone?:
Yeah, but I don’t use it. My phone calling people and allowing people to call me. Any other function is purely destracting from it’s prime directive. I have a camera for camera functions.
10) When’s your birthday?
Right next to friggin’ xmas.
11) What was your elementary school’s mascot?:
prek-4th grade: none (unless the aging hippie is a mascot)
, 5-6 the Trojans (b/c we were big losers)
12) What’s your favorite bottled water?
I dislike Disani and that one that starts with an A. Deerpark or generic store brands are all good. Just check for the reverse osmosis. I don’t drink “natural spring water” b/c that means it naturally comes with a nasty rock taste and probably has woodland critty pee in it.
13) What’s the next concert/show you’re going to and when?:
I don’t know.
14) What were you doing at 11 pm last night?:
Playing FF12 w/ Nate on the couch while we talked about how we should go get some work done.
15) What’s your favorite Starbucks drink?:
I don’t care for Starbucks. Most everything there either tastes yucky or upsets my stomach. I have found that the sparkling pomegranate juice is drinkable.
16) Do you exercise as much as you should?:
nope. But I think about it a lot.
17) Did you attend your High School prom?:
Yep. But my prom date was hit by a semi truck nearly 2 years ago which is sad b/c he was an awesome person. DON’T WALK DOWN THE HIGHWAY!
18) Did you go to someone else’s prom?:
19) Would you give your bf/gf a second chance if they cheated?
20) Something red within 5 feet of you?:
red handled scissors, red on a snapple wrapper, red on a memory card, red on a granola bar lable. Nothing completely red, just bits of red on generally other colored items.
21) Your last bag of chips?:
nacho doritoes (but it was just a snack bag. We don’t buy chips at home)
22) The weirdest thing you’ve seen this week?:
An ex-ray of my cat where you can see each individual poo-nugget in his intestinal tract. The vet said that wasn’t normal.
23) Ever done the Electric Slide?
24) Right or left handed?:
right but formerly semi-ambidextrious. I’d like to get that back.
25) Sparkly things?
are fun but destracting
26) Ever crash a car, been in accidents?:
Tonya Williams’ mom crashed her minivan with us in the back seat. You’ll know more of this on a different survey.
27) Do you look good in yellow?:
I guess so.
28) Do you sing?:
Yes and it drives everyone around me crazy.
29) Ever sang in front of a crowd?:
30) Do you dance?:
31) Party in my pants?:
32) Least favorite color?
it’s a tie between puke green and poo brown.
33) Favorite kind of pizza?:
34) Ever had Dippin Dots?
yeah at Opryland in the early 90s. It’s the ice cream of the future!
35) Ever made fun of a homeless person?:
no, I give them fruit and leftover cake instead.
36) How old were you when you got a cell phone?:
37) How old were you when you got your first car?:
17 (it was a birthday gift from my dad)
38) How many driving tickets have you had?:
what kind of driving tickets?
39) How many parking tickets have you had?
two for real, countless campus tickets that don’t count b/c I’ve already got a degree.
40) Do you own your own car?:
41) Do you have insurance?:
42) Do you want to get married?
43) At what age do you want to get married?:
I suppose 28 is a good age.
44) Are you married?
45) Have you ever received a restraining order?:
46) At what age do you want to have kids?:
never. Kids are like cats that you have to teach to be responsible.
47) What spf suncreen do you use?
Whatever I have on hand
48) Ketchup or Mustard?:
depends on the food to which it is to be applied.
49) When is the last time someone deleted you from their Myspace?:
never. I have been unfriendstered before, but I have since been refriendstered.
50) How many times a week are you on Myspace?
51) Ever been kicked out of your home?:
52) Favorite character on Friends?:
I find the characters generally whiny and self absorbed, but I suppose Pheobe would be my favorite due to her general weirdness.
53) Ever eat Spam?:
yeah, and it was aweful
54) Ever had a crush on a teacher?:
There was a super hot drawing teacher who looked straight out of a J. Crew catalogue. All he needed was a golden retriever. It wasn’t really a crush, though. More an admiration of general hotness.
55) Favorite store?:
56) Have a best friend?:
57) Have a boyfriend?
well, I have one that I upgraded.
58) Have a girlfriend?:
I have many friends of the female gender
59) One place you want to travel to?
We’re planning on heading to Belgium early next year.
60) If you could have anything right now what would it be?
Some free time at the same time Nate has free time. I suppose I really need some free time for Nate.
61) Are you like your mom/dad?:
I’m a bit of both and a lot of neither.
62) Best part about Winter:
soup, fire, my birthday, egg nog, real fruitcake (with rum)
63) Best part about Spring:
I’m adjusted to winter temps, so the 50s feel warm.
64) Best part about Summer:
65) Best part about Fall:
Halloween, pretty trees, beautiful light for photography
66) All time favorite food:
Dove “Fall into Mint” ice cream (although I prefer eating smoothies and sushi and can survive on those 2 items indefinitely with only the vaguest desire to eat chocolate or ice cream)
67) Future Plans:
Be happy, the rest is details.
68) Favorite number:
I like 13 and 666. I feel they have gotten a bum rap, and I’m a sucker for underdogs.
The “Older People” Survey
(Meant to be completed by those ADULTS out of high school)
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?
‘Have you ever kissed someone?’
‘Told someone you loved them?’
Here are some questions for the people who are a little more mature… Okay, okay… OLD FOLKS like us……
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Student Loans. Sure, it’s an investment in myself, but honestly, the main thing I learned in art school was that I should expect to starve for my art.
2. What’s the best place to eat a romantic dinner?
3. Last time you puked from drinking?
The morning after the bachelorette party. But it was a good puke and if there had been any food available for me to eat, I would’ve been great. Unfortunately, I didn’t eat for another 3-3.5 hours (which put my total of not eating at 18 hours, and I’m a constant grazer. I deal very poorly with lack of food) so I was feeling pretty crummy by the time I got home.
4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Well, I kind of danced on a bar at the bachelorette party, but I wasn’t drunk yet, so I don’t think I did it right.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
I think Joy & Linda, but I keep thinking they were 2nd grade. There’s also Margaret and the lady with really pretty hair, but I’m pretty certain they were kindergarten. So honestly, I’m not sure I can.
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
snuggling with Nate (but he’s working)
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
8. How many colleges did you attend?
one for real. But I took classes at 3 others (just 1 at each)
9. Why did you wear the shirt that you have on right now?
It’s cold here, and I like this one.
10. GAS PRICES! First thought?
How is it that prices jumped 15 cents in less than 48 hours?
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you…where and who?
I kind of like it here, and Nate would have to come.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
It’s 8 already?
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I am so not sleepy.
14. Favorite style of underwear?
those little shorts are cute.
15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
dishes. This hatred was instilled in me when I was a kid. It’s still traumatic to think about.
17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
18. Get up early or sleep in?
I like getting up early, but Nate likes to sleep in and his snuggle vibes overpower my desire to be a productive human being.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
snuggle on the couch.
21. Have you ever almost died?
So one time in 7th grade, school was closed for snow. Robin was supposed to come over to play. Well, somehow she ended up having to go to Tonya Williams house instead. She said, “Claire, you should come over and we can all hang out together.” I didn’t really want to, but I did want to hang with Robin, so I agreed.
Next thing I know, Robin isn’t coming, and I’m riding in Tonya’s mom’s van up Buck Mountain. For some reason the “Chipmunk Christmas” was playing, and they were singing along. I HATE the Chipmunks. Sorry, I just find them irritating and gimicky. So let’s recap: I’m not hanging out with my best friend but instead am stuck hanging out with someone I didn’t feel like hanging out with. We’re riding around listening to music I loath. I’m 12, what could make this better?
Tonya’s mom hits an ice patch. We swerve left then right then left then right again. Then we go off the road, hit the ditch and flip several times (maybe 4?). When we land, we’re door side down (this is before doors were on both sides) and I’m hanging in the air, resting on my dear dear seat belt. Tonya has to help me unlock it, and without it, I fall on her which is good for me b/c if she wasn’t there, I would’ve hit the broken glass of the van door. Her mom breaks the glass on the drivers window and we all climb out. This is before cell phones, so we have to walk to their house. And the best part is, Tonya blamed the whole thing on my hat which she dubbed as “unlucky” and referred to it as such until she moved away.
And that is how I almost died. This is also why I’m such a psycho about seat belts. You aren’t wearing one? My car isn’t moving.